Card games have always been a great way to spend quality time with your children. Playing cards is not only fun, but it also helps to improve concentration, memory and strategic thinking. If you’re looking for some simple and exciting card games to play with your kids, you’re in the right place. Here are some fun-filled card games that your children will love.
- Go Fish
Go Fish is a classic card game that has been around for generations. It’s easy to learn and fun to play. The aim of the game is to collect a complete set of four cards of the same rank from the other players.
How to Play Go Fish:
– Shuffle the deck of cards and deal five cards to each player.
– The remaining cards should be placed in a pile face-down in the center of the table.
– The player to the left of the dealer goes first by asking a player for a specific card rank. For example, “Do you have any 7’s?”.
– If the player asked does have any cards of the requested rank, they must give them to the player who asked.
– If the player does not have the requested cards, they say “Go Fish”, and the player who asked must draw a card from the deck.
– Players continue taking turns until no cards are left in the deck or one player has collected all the cards of a particular rank.
Snap is a fast-paced and exciting card game that is sure to bring your family together. The game requires quick reflexes and sharp observation skills.
How to Play Snap:
– Shuffle the deck of cards and deal them face-down to each player.
– Each player takes turns placing their cards face-up on the table in front of them.
– As soon as two cards of the same rank are placed consecutively, the first player to shout “Snap!” gets to collect all the cards in the center of the table.
– The winner is the player who collects all the cards.
War is a straightforward and addictive card game that requires no special set-up or equipment. It’s a great game to play with young children because it teaches them about numbers, counting, and math.
How to Play War:
– Shuffle the deck and divide it equally among all players.
– Each player places their top card face-up on the table.
– The player with the highest numerical value takes both cards and places them at the bottom of their pile.
– If there is a tie, players continue placing their next card on top until there is a clear winner.
– The game ends when one player has all the cards or a set time limit is reached.
Playing card games is an excellent way to spend time with your children, bond with them and teach them new skills. These simple and fun games can be played anywhere, anytime, and are sure to put a smile on everyone’s face. So, get those cards out, shuffle them up, and let the fun begin!